Sun, 15 October 2017
Aaron Rodgers is out for the season.
Some more football chatter.
More about the NFL protests.
NFL and $$$.
Fact of Crap: One right for Dan, none for John.
One from Earl: Human semen can host up to 27 different viruses.
One Pete: 25th Amendment: Deposing Trump would require Cabinet mutiny.
One from Randy: Anthony Bourdain blasts Hillary Clinton's "shameful" interview.
Three from Peter:
1) "When did we stop being America?" Puerto Ricans angry, dismayed over Trump tweets.
2) Teen detained after crossing border illegally fights to have abortion.
3) Wisconsin, 49 other states settle lawsuit against EpiPen manufacturer.
We close this week with a little story from Dan.
No show next week, back in 2 weeks.
Sun, 8 October 2017
After 3 weeks off, we're back!
Bruce Janacek joins us this week.
It's his 5th appearance with us.(Shows 465, 467, 470, 472 and this weeks 475.)
No mail bag this week. All Bruce and Dan.
1) A little about Bruce's upcoming book "The Winter Falling".
2) A little about Dan's book "Elimination of the Snakes".
3) Kind of a writers mutual admiration thing.
4) Dan's now back to civilization.
5) Las Vegas massacre.
6) Gun control.
7) MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell: Mental health experts say Trump is unfit to serve.
8) 25th Amendment: Is President Donald Trump Fit To Serve?
9) NFL players protesting.
Sun, 10 September 2017
We'll be taking the next 2 weeks off.
Packers play next Sunday night.
Dan's got tickets to the Packers the following Sunday.
Next show will be on October 1st.
Dan's Labor Day weekend story. Grandkids can really wear a guy out.
Fact or Crap: Two right for John, one for Dan.
One from Joe:
Stephen Colbert slammed for claims Trump didn't meet with Hurricane Harvey victims.
Some humor from Mike.
One from Char: Resort in a hanger.
1) Peta pays family $50,000 after taking and euthanising their pet chihuahua.
2) Liberal boycott of the Santa Monica Symphony backfires.
3) Outrage as Swiss hotel orders Jewish guests to shower before swimming.
4) North Carolina woman confronts neighbor man flying Nazi flag.
Murphy's law was with us this week.
We'll do better when we get back in 3 weeks.
Sun, 27 August 2017
Life and Political Podcast.
Christopher joins us from Texas this week.
All Things Considered.
Fact or Crap: 2 right for Chris, 1 for Dan and John.
No mail bag this week, all Chris and Dan.
1) Hurricane Harvey.
2) Chris' take on the Trumpster.
3) Everything he expected and more!?!
4) Out of touch with reality and lacks a filter.
5) Joe Arpaio pardon.
6) Midterm elections 2018.
7) All marketing.
8) Trump: "Both sides" to blame for Charlottesville.
9) Journalists need to step up and do their job.
10) Kim Jong-un the petulant teenager.
11) Trump appears stumped by question on nuclear triad.
12) Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm!
13) Chris is welcome anytime.
Mon, 21 August 2017
Bruce Janacek joins us again this week.
Inbox.com got to expensive so we moved.
Our new email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org"
"The Winter Falling" is the new name of Bruce's book.
Fact or Crap: We over analyze 2 silly questions this week, but we had fun.
No mail bag this week, all Bruce and Dan.
1) To the moon Kim Jong-un.
2) Jerry Lewis dies at 91.
4) "Free Speech" counter-protest drew 40,000 in Boston.
5) Mitt Romney tells Trump to apologize for causing "Racists to Rejoice".
6) Lindsey Graham.
7) Trump's approval rating plummets in three key states that helped him.
8) Cautiously optimistic.
9) Book recommendation - Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
10) Our Constitution.
11) President's psychosis.
12) Analysis of the crowd in Charlottesville.
13) The Democratic Party needs to get ahead of things.
14) The machines are coming.
15) It was fun, Bruce will be back.
Sun, 13 August 2017
Life and political podcast.
We've been at this from the beginning of podcasting.
We'll be changing our email address in the very near future.
Inbox wants 40 bucks a year to use their service.
Fact or Crap: 2 right for John, 1 for Dan.
Three from Char:
1) Trump is crazy?
2) These are a hoot.
3) Elks sex.
Three from Joe:
1) House passes Kate's Law and bill targeting sanctuary cities.
2) Accused Florida kidnapper was actually helping lost child, police say.
3) TSA worker caught stealing cash from bag at Orlando airport.
4) College professor fired following remarks on Tucker Carlson Tonight.
1) Man on stolen dirt bike killed after owner chases him down in van.
2) Singer Sinead O' Connor says she's suicidal and living in a New Jersey motel.
3) Dan eggs on Kim Jong-un.
Sun, 6 August 2017
Just a couple of old geezers.
Bruce Janacek joins us this week, he needs to vent.
$37.50 a month and all the cigars I can smoke.
A short story from Bruce.
Fact of Crap: Ran the table this week.
India is a beautiful country.
No email this week, all Dan and Bruce.
1) Update on Bruce's book.
2) How 'bout that Trump!?!
3) What is Trump's psychological state?
4) Kim Jong-un.
5) 911, Bush II and manufacturing paranoia.
6) We need more critical thinking out of the masses.
7) Thomas Jefferson and his generation.
8) Enlightenment Thinker.
9) An artificial intelligence developed its own non-human language.
10) Anti-Intellectualism and the "Dumbing Down" of America.
11) We live in very interesting times?
12) Bruce will be back.
Sun, 30 July 2017
Dan was on vacation for a week.
Computer/Skype problems the next.
Looking forward to back to school?
John's retired and on vacation!?! WTF?
Working in hell holes. Yippee!
Fact or Crap: 2 for 2 this week. Hooray!
Some humor and opinion from Char.
1) Bruce will be joining us again next week.
2) What in the world is Trump thinking!?!
3) House passes Kate's Law and bill targeting sanctuary cities.
Sun, 9 July 2017
Surprise Birthday party for Dan.
Dan's now 65 years old.
More misadventures with Dan.
Fact or Crap: Batting 1000 this week. YaHoo!
Some humor from Char.
Five from Joe:
1) Sheriff exposes liberal columnist's traffic stop tale for the lie that it is.
2) Video shows doomed bride inside helicopter as it crashed taking her to her wedding.
3) United Airlines gives two-year-old’s seat away to standby passenger.
4) Members of Congress lose their special airport parking lot.
5) House passes Kate's Law as part of crackdown on illegals.
Three from Peter:
1) Off-duty Illinois cop pins black teen to ground for being on his lawn.
2) Strangers buy new car for Rockwall man who walked 3 miles to work.
3) Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot.
All email this week.
Mon, 26 June 2017
Author Bruce Janacek joins us again this week.
Fact or Crap: We didn't do well this week.
No mail bag, all Bruce show.
The show starts with Bruce reading his book's epilogue.
Dan and Bruce discuss the reading.
Dan asks Bruce to compare himself to other authors.
The book's composition was a 20 month learning process.
Reactions of some of the people in the book.
What's next for Bruce?
Bruce has a open invitation to be on the show.
As Bruce develops a web presence we will provide links.