Sun, 30 December 2007
Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Biff - Topless woman lured perverts in police sting.
Mike - In remembrance of Ronald Reagan.
Earl on the accused baby killer from last weeks show.
Denny - 14 signposts to slavery.
The campaign trail has Hillary looking a little haggard.
This weeks show:
1) Benazir Bhutto's assassination. This weeks Snake of the Week Pervez Musharraf.
2) Iowa Caucus.
3) Mike Huckabee.
4) CIA practicing torture.
EOTS's 2007 Top Stories (Dan's thoughts, what are yours?)
1) 13 year old kills herself after internet friendship ended.
2) Illegal Immigration.
3) Nebraska teacher, 25, and a 13 year old student run off to have a life together.
4) Very 1st Snake of the Week Assistant U.S. Attorney from Florida, John David R. Atchison, under arrest for traveling to Detroit to have sex with a 5 year old girl.
5) Southwest attendant confronts a Hooters gal for inappropriate attire.
6) Campaign Issues.
7) Alleged nukes in Iran.
8) Alberto Gonzales.
Sun, 23 December 2007
EOTS wishes you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I apologize for the heavy breathing in this weeks show, my boom mic was out of place. Pretty obvious we're not professionals.
Earl likes the world map on our web site. Thanks Earl.
Mike - What is a billion? / Headlines from 2029 (Humorous)
The Rest of the Show:
1) Accused baby killer faults the county.
2) Drug rumors about Obama, Hillary apologizes for Shaheen's remarks.
3) Jury deliberates case of internet hoax that led to a deadly shooting.
Michael Longo is our Snake of the Week.
4) Hearings on CIA tape destruction.
5) American finally freed in Nicaragua.
Sun, 16 December 2007
A regular listener and contributor, Patrick, is the guest host this week.
1) The Mitchell Report.
2) Performance - Enhancing Substances.
4) The Power of Nightmares.
Mon, 10 December 2007
Christopher on just how impermanent life is. ( His email is posted in Items of Interest. )
Earl has more thoughts on intelligent design, creationism and evolution.
The Rest of the show:
1) A little tribute to Representative Henry Hyde.
2) Iran's nuclear power program.
3) CIA destroys interrogation tapes.
4) More on last weeks Snakes of the Week, Curt and Lori Drew who will remain this weeks Snakes with the addition of their employee Ashley.
5) Teenage suspect records NY PD interrogation on an MP3 player.
6) Follow up on Southwest Airlines dress code story.
7) Great Grandmother suing for being strip searched at Yonkers Raceway Casino.
8) Follow up on Kelsey Peterson a Nebraska teacher and former Snake of the Week.
Mon, 10 December 2007
We sit in our days doing whatever it is we all do and busy ourselves with this and that and time just slides by. We get a little slower and a little thicker and a little grayer. Our friends get busy with families and careers and whatever friends get busy with. Big moments thunder in and thunder out. We mark the years by songs or where we were or the deaths of famous people. We fight for a cause or see no cause for a fight and year after year some event pounds into our memory and drives us further and further down the road from where we started our lives. And then in a moment of clarity the chaos recedes and we finally understand something that happened years ago or something that someone said or a mistake we made or a point where everything changed.
I am so worried that we are, the world, all of us, at one of those points where everything changes. Either we rise to the occasion or our failure will irrevocably alter the course of human events for generations. For all the greatness of man, we are ever ready for failure and total collapse. We're tearing each other apart over whose bearded maker is the best bearded maker or what love is or who can squat on what bit of dirt and with the consequences we can bring to bear conflict is unequivocally unacceptable and yet we still fight.
It's like we're on a collision course with some horrid fate we are programmed to drive straight into and no one is calling madness what it is; no one is calling for an end to it all. Where is our conscience? The ends now justify the means, but no one really wants there to be an end. This cycle of madness is the product of itself and there's no end in sight. What in the holy hell is the matter with the world? When did it become more important to have power than to have the truth? When did being polite become more important that being right? How did we let this all go so far? Is it the TV? Was Howard Beale right over 30 years ago?
I grew up under the impression that the world was basically a good place, getting better. I figured that my level of happiness was a starting point from which things got better; for me and for all people. But now so many years later I feel that picture is tattered and torn and the best of my optimism can barely wrestle my cynicism to a standstill. I see horror after horror and I wonder how in Christ's name people can allow it. And then I see people aren't, they're running from it. Some run into pretty dreams of how the world is or what things mean and others just try to carve out a little sanctuary in the shit storm, but who's fighting the good fight. It's not the politicians. They're like a microcosm for the greater battle and they're barely able to win against themselves so how are they supposed to fight and win for all of us?
So, I'm sitting here and thinking. Yesterday I was 10 years old and riding my bike, today I'm in my 30s teaching English and making investments, but have I done anything that mattered? Am I in the fight? Will I be bald and wrinkled and regretful or one of a great generation? Am I running or standing my ground? Am I just carving out a little place for myself or am I trying to hold the line? Honestly, I don't know.
I'm mad as hell and I don't give a good god damn what the reasons are. I want to make a difference. I want it to matter when someone dies somewhere, and not just to their family but to all of us. The deaths worldwide from calamity, strife and war are now as meaningless as sports scores and just as quickly forgotten. The self-destruction of pop stars is as important to most Americans as the implosion of our democracy.
Hell in handbasket, tickets for all, check your conscience at the door and leave your morales behind. Next stop, the future.
Category:Blog Posts -- posted at: 7:04pm CST
Mon, 3 December 2007
1) Sudan protesters call for execution of a teacher for allowing students to name a teddy bear Muhammad.
2) Leonards Pitts: A twisted joke on a teen girl.
Curt and Lori Drew are the Snakes of the Week.
3) How Hillary Clinton will go negative according to Dick Morris.
4) 9 year old suspended for a hate crime.
Principal Virginia Voinovich honorable mention for Snake of the Week.
5) Milwaukee cops jailed for beating a man. More Snake of the Week candidates.
6) Teacher gives in and gives test.
Sun, 25 November 2007
1) Deal is set in bias suit against New Orleans.
2) 13 year old kills herself after internet friendship ended. Town may criminalize online harassment.
3) Taking up arms against intruders. ( Castle Doctrine Law )
4) Mi Casa Es Su Casa. ( My house is your house )
5) YouTube video shows a man tasered after refusing to sign ticket. See for yourself. Snake of the Week - Utah Department of Public Safety.
Sun, 18 November 2007
No mail bag tonight and Earl is a guest on the show.
1) At war in Afghanistan and Iraq, are Iran or Pakistan next?
2) Intelligent design, creationism and evolution.
We forgot to mention Veteran's Day on the last show. We are very sorry for that and as always our hearts go out to all our Service men and women.
Sun, 11 November 2007
Sam - News channels edit interviews to say whatever they want. Link
1) Writers strike and prime time TV.
2) Corporation mind set on a personal level.
3) Tonights illegal immigrant story - Oklahoma's doing it right.
4) Shame on radio for giving air time back to Don Imus.
5) Morning after pills, casual sex and University Health Services hours.
6) Do not call violators get fined.
7) ATT gave the feds access to web and phone traffic.
Mon, 5 November 2007
Patrick is our guest tonight.
No mail bag we just get right into the show.
1) Follow-up on a story from last week on Genarlow Wilson's plight.
2) Pastor Fred Phelps - What's next in the name of God.
3) Nebraska teacher, 25, and a 13 year old student run off to have a life together. Snake of the week Kelsey Peterson
4) Patrick comments on Duke, illegal immigration and Libertarians. Then Dan joins in and they discuss the topics Pat brought up. (Especially illegal immigration.)